The Builders of Canberra-Permanent Suburbs by Ann Gugler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://canberracamps.webs.com/.
Copyright Ann Gugler © 2012
The first permanent suburbs were Eastlake, Ainslie and Blandfordia [Forrest]. Westridge [Brickyards] was a mixture of temporary and permanent and the Power House [Barton] was also a mixture of camps and permanent. The following chapters give an overview of the permanent prior to the arrival of the public servants and others in 1927 and the few permanent cottages erected 1921-1922.